Just like a space shuttle struggles and strains to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere, so those returning from living overseas can find themselves confused and in a state of panic at coming home. While people anticipate that going overseas will require major changes in their lifestyles and thinking, few anticipate the difficulties they will face upon return. Intended to aid the re-entry process, this encouraging, and insightful book deals with these important subjects:
- adapting to the passport culture
- identifying areas of potential struggle
- dealing with the emotional challenges
- finding a new job, a new place to live, learning the social mores
- returning is not coming home it is leaving home
- facilitating a smooth transition for those on the receiving end
Expatriates, missionaries, mission executives, mission pastors, mission communities, and supporters interested in easing the re-entry experience will benefit greatly from this book.