"Once a TCK, Always a TCK"
Registration for the retreat begins August 1 and ends October 1.
TCK TASK FORCE
TCKs who would like the opportunity to serve overseas, broaden their understanding of the field, bring perspective to their future role in the Great Commission, and serve as models for younger TCKs should consider going on a TCK task force trip. Most often (although not exclusively), Task Force teams go to Member Regional and Area retreats to bless younger TCKs.
Task forces are self-funded trips. Usually team members are asked to raise their own airfare plus additional funds to help pay for the event. With Regional Director approval, parents’ account may be able to pay for some, or all, of a Task Force trip for their TCK using (00) funds.
For information on upcoming Task Forces, contact the TCK Office.
Working Summer Programs
One of the historical strengths of the Summer program is that veteran TCKs teach the new TCKs. For this reason, veteran TCKs are encouraged to apply each year for a paid position at Member Summer camps. Staff positions are available to work with every age group from birth through senior high. The employment dates vary slightly from year to year, but usually center around the month of June and sometimes into July. Please contact the TCK Office for more information.
All housing and most meals are covered during the time of hire, so TCK staff need only pay for their meals on free days throughout the program. Compensation for staff positions is set in the employment contract. Up to $500 in travel expenses is reimbursable (with receipts) for travel expenses to/from Springfield.
Applications are accepted from January 1 through April 1. Hiring decisions are made the week of April 15. Hiring is done on a seniority basis, so applicants are asked to indicate their top three choices of programs to work.
Return Trip to the Field
- The TCK must have graduated from high school and be under the age of 23.
- The TCK must be returning to the field where they spent at least part of their growing-up years.
- The TCK parent(s) must still be an active, appointed personnel currently working in that field.
- You may purchase the airline ticket for your TCK’s return trip. Claim the expense on your next quarterly report and the funds will be transferred back to your account from the TCK travel account.
- Contact your Regional Accountant. He/she can work directly with Adelman Travel and your needs to purchase a ticket in your TCK’s name and directly bill the TCKI travel account. *